UPDATE Dec. 12th:
- Video (real phone, not simulator)
UPDATE Dec. 3rd:
- new wx screen captures
Windy X is a cross wind calculator for aviation pilots. The XD version will combine much of the necessary/useful information a pilot needs during take-offs and landings into a clear and easy to use app.
The XD includes global airport data, weather observations (METAR) and forecasts (TAF).
The app finds these data by using current location. The search radius can be changed from the settings. Basic usage scenario goes like this:
1. Start the app
2. Select airport from the list
3. Select a runway
4. The app shows the runway/wind information based on current METAR.
5. Browse Wx (TAFs, above the wind speed slider) to see forecasted conditions later on.
Besides the wind information shown in the images below, the app will show
- full decoded METAR/TAF data
- detailed runway information
- detailed airport information including comm, nav and ATIS frequencies
- and more