About App Ideas

Become apart of the PreApps community and make your idea into reality. Our aim is to foster communication between users and developers to create a cycle of higher quality more successful apps. Create an account and post your ideas today. Earn rewards, connect with experts developers, and explore amazing apps coming soon.

device

Bump App "Finding competition together"

Category: Social Networking | 
SHARE THIS IDEA!
2 Vote(s)

Description

Have you ever gone to the gym only to find that all the benches were taken? Or all the 15 lb dumbbells were being used? Have you ever gone to the basketball court only to find out it was overcrowded or empty? Have you ever regretted going to the court or field only to realize the level of competition was too high or too low? Maybe you just want to go and get 1000 shots up or get a really good sweat. High school kids nowadays refer to the level of competition as "bump" (ie. Hows the bump today?) It's also common to go somewhere overcrowded or see something that you don't like and say 'bump that'. The bump app aims to serve as a platform for gym goers and athletes (basketball & soccer players---chose these two b/c they are the most likely to get a 'pickup game') to communicate with each other the status of the crowd and the intensity of the competition (for pickup games). 54 million people have gym memberships in the USA with an average cost of $40 to $50. You develop a community of athletes and gym goers “who are finding competition together”. I hate going to the gym and waiting 4 games and 2 hrs to play. I hate going to the gym and playing with subpar competition. I would have rather stayed home but now I’m stuck. This can’t be done by forecasting the crowd at the gym alone but those who are regular goers communicate that to each other.

Interested Team Members

• No members have joined this team yet
Join The Team!

Similar Ideas

• local community page that you can post pict

204 Vote(s)
  • Bored on a weekend night, but don't know wh

95 Vote(s)
  • PETiT is an app that acts as a ongoing upda

87 Vote(s)

Comments & Suggestions

Name (optional) Email (optional, receive our newsletter)

Comment must be under 500 characters

Can't read the image? click here to refresh
Enter the code here: