About App Ideas

Become apart of the PreApps community and make your idea into reality. Our aim is to foster communication between users and developers to create a cycle of higher quality more successful apps. Create an account and post your ideas today. Earn rewards, connect with experts developers, and explore amazing apps coming soon.

Auto App turn off

Category: Utilities | 
55 Vote(s)

It would be useful to have a timer inbuilt that can be set to turn off apps after set time i.e like sleep on a tv. Especially those who listen to music etc before sleeping. Obviously it can be controlled by the user.

Interested Team Members

• Jack Foster
    United States
    App Developer
  • Alen Alexander
    App Developer
  • Shakira Maniyar
    App User
  • Pawan Pugliya
    App Developer
  • Rana Rashid
    App Developer
  • Nilesh Pawate
    App Developer
  • Umang Prajapati
    App Developer
  • Atchyut Nagabhairava
    App Developer
Join The Team!

Similar Ideas

• This iOS app will be used with a connection

705 Vote(s)
  • I want an mobile app. So track my balance.

144 Vote(s)
  • icalc uses your camera to solve any math pr

149 Vote(s)

Comments & Suggestions

• Maximilian K├Ârner on Dec. 08, 2014

If you are interested in listening to music to fall asleep to, take a look at Snoozy (here on preapps). Still searching for beta-testers!

• Ley on Jun. 28, 2014

This would be impossible to obtain w/o Root, and this poses big security issues.

It does seam like a great app to have, but if an App can control the device like this its quite problematic.

• Atchyut Nagabhairava on Jun. 19, 2014

I'm not sure it would be done but I will give a try...

• Atchyut Nagabhairava on Jun. 19, 2014

I'm not sure it would be done but I will give a try...

• Lee S on Jan. 08, 2014

This would be impossible without being able to circumvent strict security settings of a device (i.e obtaining root privileges on a rooted android device). Think about it, if an app could turn off another app, you could cause a big problem for users. You could create a malicious app that doesn't let you open anything on the device as it would keep closing it, and you'd have to remove it via ADB which your common users wouldn't understand.

Unfortunately, you will just have plead with google to add an auto-timeout on the music player, or go find a 3rd party music player on the app store, and suggest the developer incorporate such a feature.

• Shanny Goh on Dec. 05, 2013

If I can set a timer on my apps whenever I wan,I wouldn't have to worry too much about my phone battery life draining through the night!

Name (optional) Email (optional, receive our newsletter)

Comment must be under 500 characters

Can't read the image? click here to refresh
Enter the code here: