About App Ideas

Become apart of the PreApps community and make your idea into reality. Our aim is to foster communication between users and developers to create a cycle of higher quality more successful apps. Create an account and post your ideas today. Earn rewards, connect with experts developers, and explore amazing apps coming soon.

device

Turnpike EZ Pass App

Category: Books | 
SHARE THIS IDEA!
956 Vote(s)

Description

Stop, Scan, Go. Smart Phones are smart but sometimes we aren't smart enough to keep cash or have an EZ Pass. If you don't have either, this app would let you use your smart code to scan a barcode at the toll plaza to link to your paypal account.

Interested Team Members

• Ryan Hartanto
    App Developer
  • Ashmika Gujarathi
    India
    App Developer
  • Toan Kid
    App User
  • Darrius Tcb
    Pakistan
    App Developer
  • Krishna Chaitanya
    United States
    App Developer
  • noor ul amin
    Pakistan
    App Developer
  • Thông Le
    Vietnam
    App Developer
  • Ashish Philip
    India
    App Developer
Join The Team!

Similar Ideas

Comments & Suggestions

• Jack Foster on Oct. 06, 2015

We have created a similar type of app where each state has different processing, rules and regulations and have developed an algorithm that will automatically recognize what state you are in, what rules apply, and how to submit payment. Contact me for more development features.

• F Ahmed on Mar. 17, 2015

One of the better ideas I have seen on this portal. The federal/state governments should take the initiative because such an app can have serious security concerns.

But I love the idea!

• yuyt on Jan. 30, 2015

Yo digo que Marco es punto putrefacción

• Ian on Nov. 13, 2014

Good application to make jokes to your friends:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobti.screen.broken.game

• Anonymous on Mar. 06, 2014

theren is one, POWATAG

• Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2014

Very helpful idea. However, not sure if it would be possible to implement.

• Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2014

Nice idea

• Eric English on Jan. 10, 2014

It would be quite easy to develop however the layers of bureaucracy you'd have to wade through to get it implemented in practice would probably be hinderance.

• bujji on Dec. 17, 2013

this is really a very good idea

• Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2013

good idea.

• Edher Vazquez on Nov. 18, 2013

simply a nice idea

• jim thomas on Nov. 15, 2013

We would need to somehow work with the PA Turnpike to try and get them to approve the app for phones. Once approved a label/code would need to be added to the each lane that in the event you don't have EZ Pass, Cash, Change, or ATM/Credit Card, you can take your phone out and scan the code to pay and go.

This would in turn take money from your PayPal acct or Something Secure acct that is linked to the app to pay the PA Turnpike for the Toll amount.

An idea would be to make the app free to the public to download and test out, but suggest the Toll Fee to cost less than the Cash Toll Fee but the same or slightly higher than the EZ Pass fee.

I had the idea, however have no knowledge on how to make the app. jimt@atlanticbb.net

• Sang Le on Nov. 13, 2013

This app is so helpful.

• Anonymous on Oct. 20, 2013

aspiring android developer

Just curious as to who and how implement these things if an app was made?
    Seems like a good idea to try to shoot for but needs a bit more info.

• Anonymous on Oct. 01, 2013

awesome

• jim thomas on Aug. 15, 2013

I have another idea for a new app, if you are developing this one, please contact me and maybe we can the new one up and running as well. jimt@atlanticbb.net

• Jim Thomas on Aug. 14, 2013

Thanks for following up with this. I'm not a developer just a man with ideas hence the reason its been added on here. It's definitely worth the test.

• Anonymous on Aug. 07, 2013

we are beginning to develop the app. hopefully will be out soon. thank you for the wonderful idea!

• AppXone on Jul. 25, 2013

Who is the idea owner,
    We are interested to develop

• Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2013

Try using bitcoins.

• Greg Johnson on Jun. 19, 2013

I drive through tolls every day and thought the same thing. Get rid of timely cash tolls. I would love to beta test this app!

• Gerard on Mar. 08, 2013

I travel through tolls all the time. This would be so helpful!

• jim thomas on Mar. 04, 2013

I may not be a developer, but I do have ideas, and I think this actually would work. There is a PA EZ Pass App, but it is only there to help you locate tolls on your trip.

Name (optional) Email (optional, receive our newsletter)

Comment must be under 500 characters

Can't read the image? click here to refresh
Enter the code here: